A single unemployment claim can cost a Hawaiian nonprofit more than $14,000. Such claims can not only affect your unemployment tax rate but your organization’s budget, cash flow and staff workload. Fortunately, there are more affordable unemployment options currently being implemented by hundreds of nonprofits in Hawai’i.
Please join us for one of three in-person seminars scheduled for May 10-12 in Hawai’i. RSVP for the program that best meets your schedule and location. Just give us the names, titles and organizations of those who are attending which session. There is no cost to attend, and a nice breakfast will be provided. It’s that simple!
Honolulu Seminar: Wednesday, May 10th at 10:00 AM (Click to RSVP)
Location: 1132 Bishop Place
1132 Bishop Street, Conf Rm 611
Honolulu, HI 96813
Kapolei Seminar: Thursday, May 11th at 10:00 AM (Click to RSVP)
Location: Easter Seals Hawaii
92-461 Makakilo Drive
Kapolei, HI 96707
Maui Seminar: Friday, May 12th at 10:00 AM (Click to RSVP)
Location: Boys and Girls Club of Maui
100 Kanaloa Avenue
Kahului, HI 96732
Duration: 60 minutes
During this seminar you will:
- Learn why nonprofit employers are paying more for their unemployment taxes;
- Hear some alternative, affordable legal options Hawaiian nonprofits have;
- Understand if these options are right for your organization.
For 35 years, 501(c) Agencies Trust has effectively managed unemployment costs and risks for nonprofits. Every year, our group of 1,500 nonprofits (including many in Hawai’i) saves more than $20 million; money we have been able to put back into our communities, programs and missions. We have partnered with Trust members Easter Seals Hawai’i and Boys & Girls Club of Maui to present our nonprofit peers in Hawai’i an education seminar explaining how other organizations can potentially save up to 40% a year on unemployment expenses.
Can’t make any of these session, but still want more information? No problem. Contact us for a one-on-one discussion of your options.
WAIT THERE IS MORE
Immediately following our morning seminar we are holding a luncheon and educational seminar for our Hawaiian membership. You are free to join us for both! Just let us know when you RSVP that you will stay for lunch and our member-dedicated program. You’ll be our guest! Below are the details of this HRCI/SHRM certified program.
Program Title: Unemployment 101 for Nonprofit Reimbursing Employers
Certification: HRCI and SHRM re-certification credit available
Program Details: Please join us for this informative session where you will learn:
- Unemployment benefit charge-ability, claim costs, and the effect on you.
- Employee separation issues and unemployment adjudication.
- Is someone who quit their job eligible to receive unemployment insurance benefits?
- How to define misconduct and quits, with or without good cause.
- Can former employees of “at will” employers get unemployment insurance benefits?
- What employers need to win a claim.
- How to minimize costs and risks associated with unemployment insurance.
- Documentation and process recommendations for handling claims.
Speaker: Tammie Ridenbaugh, Client Relationship Manager, Equifax Workforce Solutions
HRCI/SHRM re-certification credit
This presentation has 1.5 hours of HRCI credit and 1.0 hours of SHRM credit available.